Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Rays Are For Real

I predicted the Rays to have a winning record this season, and while a 3-1 start is premature for validation, we're seeing the proper elements in place.

The biggest improvements are in the pitching department, where Kazmir, Shields, and even Sonnanstine (I like him) are threats. Percival resembled a bit of his old self in the closer's role today. They've now defeated the Yankees 13-4 and 6-3 at The Stadium. That's pretty impressive.

Of course, the Rays have had uncanny success against the Yankees in years past, but I think this is a different sign. Don't be surprised if the Rays contend for the division.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll be interested to see when Kaz makes his return. He threw some recently in BP. I'm goin to the home opener in Tampa against my Mariners. I'm also interested to see how many people show up in that old warehouse of a dome...

ASponge said...

Karl,

Please report back to us on that. Thanks!