Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dolphins Trade 4th Rounder to Dallas

The only question remaining about the Dolphins and Cowboys ongoing relationship is which airline they're flying: American or Southwest? Both have pretty decent Dallas-Miami transit (I'd bet on Southwest...these trades seem boarded like cattle calls). Just to remind you, Bill Parcells, head coach Tony Sparano, and Jeff Ireland all came from Dallas while Zach Thomas went to the Cowboys, and those are just the stars.

The deal sends linebacker Akin Ayodele and tight end Anthony Fasano to Miami for a 4th round pick. Want to know more about these players? Phin Fever breaks it down as well as can be done. The comments at FinsNation seem pretty supportive too. And at Phinsider? Matty likes the deal so much, he thought he was being pranked when texted about it.

My thoughts? I absolutely love this trade. Right now, the Dolphins need serviceable players, and Parcells landed two for one. It's the best value he could possibly get for a 4th round pick, and it stands as yet another glowing moment in the Bill Parcells' Miami Dolphins legacy.

4 comments:

JSponge said...

I agree that this is a great trade, with little downside. As long as one of these two produces, the deal was worth it. At this rate, the Dolphins might even contend this year.

Rate said...

Good to see I'm not the only one thinking that we could contend next year JS. I was starting to wonder if I was crazy. I think we have a legitimate shot of at least ending up over .500.

Imber said...

The NFL is one of the only sports where a team can go from last place to contention in a year. That being said I think it's still a tad early to think the Fins will be over .500. I think if they hover anywhere near the .500 mark, the season has to be considered a success though.

Bryce Adams said...

If the Browns can barely miss the playoffs, the Miami can go .500.