Sunday, April 27, 2008

With the 10th pick in the 6th round...

See? Someone at Dolphins HQ was reading our blog and said, "Hey, we need a RB to backup Ronnie!" Well the Dolphins drafted Jalen Parmele, RB from Toledo. You would think I'd be a little happier with this pick, but, alas, I'm not.

While Parmele might be a good #3 back in years to come, there were 2 or 3 RB's still on the board who could have had a more immediate, long term impact. Mike Hart (Michigan) and Chauncey Washington (USC) surpringsly are still available. Hart could turn into a great 3rd down back. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in vision and quickness. And you have to think, after being projected as a 3rd round pick, not being taken until 6th or 7th round, he might have a little chip on his should (see 2008 Citrus Bowl to see what Hart can do with a chip on his shoulder). Personally, I don't see Parmele making it through training camp.

Clearly, Miami's first 2 picks were stellar, filled vast holes. Since then, there hasn't been much for me to get excited about.

1 comment:

ASponge said...

I agree with you. As much as I would hate to add another Wolverine, I'd have picked Mike Hart here over Parmele.

It also hurts that they'd trade Lorenzo Booker and pick Parmele as the replacement. I was looking forward to Booker as the third-down back...Parmele isn't as speedy.