Thursday, April 10, 2008

Looking For a Broom

I just went into the closet for my figurative broom (no, not a real one. I think my girlfriend would have a heart attack if I made any effort to clean). The reasoning? The Marlins go for their first sweep of the season (after having had the chance against Pittsburgh earlier)!

It's safe to say that most sports analysts figured most of the brooms would be coming out of the opponent's closets this year, but something ethereal is happening here. The Marlins are 5-3 and poised to blank the Nationals in their brand new stadium. I say it's time to do away with those Washington politicians.

Let's take a look at the preview, courtesy of Fish Stripes. Mark Hendrickson will try to duplicate his last start, in which he went 5.1 innings and gave up 1 ER. Also, Fish Stripes predicts Cody Ross will get the start in CF against lefty Odalis Perez. This seems like a great opportunity for Cody to break out of his slump.

No comments: