Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Marlins Lose But Still a Treat

I went into today's opening day game not expecting a victory. By the bottom of the 4th I was just hoping that I wouldn't be witnessing a perfect game.

However, when Willingham cracked that homerun off of Johan Santana for the first hit, it was truly priceless. To see the faces of the Mets fans on the third base side suddenly go blank was worth all the disappointment of the 7-2 loss.

Ok, not quite. I would much rather have seen a Florida win.
In general, its just great to be back in baseball season.

Next matchup: Rick Vanden Hurk v. Pedro Martinez

Don't Laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vanden Hurk v. Martinez sounds intriguing, but nothing compared to the Andrew Miller v. Oliver Perez match-up I am going to witness.

I'll let you know how it goes.