Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cody Ross Gets a Pass

I've flip-flopped on Cody Ross like the Democrats on NAFTA (not saying I disapprove). After first advocating him as a no-brainer for the CF job, I grew critical during my Opening Day In-Game Blog, especially of his suspect fielding.

Today, I was reminded of Cody Ross's medical limitations by the wonderful Craig of Fish Stripes. The fact is, he's playing hurt, and he should show considerable improvement in the field and at the plate once healed. In the meantime, good ole' Amezaga will be starting against righties. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I'd gladly take Amezaga over Cameron Maybin, who needs to stay down at AA.

Does Amazin' Amezaga have anything to say about this?

1 comment:

dave shanks said...

Cody is probably the best defensive player the Marlins have in the outfield. Yes he is recovering from the hamstring injury. He also had Knee surgery a couple of years ago with a torn ACL. When he was younger he could do a 4.4 forty. His arm was the best the Tigers had when he was with them. He kinda showed that tonight against the Mets. Let him play, he will show it. He is also hitting the ball. He will proove it if he gets the playing time.....