Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Marlins Game SUCKED Last Night

Please excuse my colloquial diction (sucked), but we are, after all, the voice of the fan. Last night's Marlins game was dreadful, awful, terrible, ghastly, frightening, appalling, repulsive, redoubtable, abhorrent, noxious, odious, repugnant, despicable...have we reasserted our claim to eloquence?

To come back from 6-0 in the 9th inning, only to cough it up in the bottom of the 10th was impossible to endure. If you can't tell, I'm still seething.

The good thing about baseball, of course, is that you can go out the next night and erase those horrible memories. Our hopes rest in the hands of Andrew Miller, who amazingly has turned in two solid starts in a row. I've been his harshest critic, but even I have some optimism for tonight. With the less than formidable Matt Belisle his adversary, I like the Marlins' chances.

No comments: