Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Andino the VERY VERY VERY Unlikely Hero

If you took a quick poll of Marlins fans, how many even knew Robert Andino was on the roster? I'd say under 10%, and that's being generous.

When Andino was up at the plate, how many thought he could even hit a HR, let alone a walkoff? I'd say 1%, and that's being generous.

Well Robert Andino delightfully proved us wrong, rattling the baseball world with a walkoff HR for the ages. He just might be the least prominent player on any MLB roster, even the least likely player this century to come through in this most astonishing of situations.

In the immortal words of Craig from Fish Stripes:

"If that ending had been written for a movie I was producing, I
would've sent the script back for a rewrite since Andino hitting the
game winner is just too far fetched.
Way to go Robert!"

For the hometown kid who clobbered down the mighty Mets with one brilliant swing, I say thank you.

No comments: