Thursday, March 13, 2008

It's Over - An NIT Bid for the Gators

Am I dissapointed? You betcha...but to quote asponge, my brother, friend, and colleague of many years, "The Gators will be just fine if they enter the NIT, maybe even better off (they could win it)." A shocking statement from such a devoted Gator fan. I'm incredibly impressed that he was able to gather the words to say so about such a heart-breaking 80-69 loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide in the first round of the SEC Tournament. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for myself. So thank you for stating what all Gator fans should be thinking to themselves. It's been a good run of 9 consecutive NCAA Tournament bids, but I'm not gonna lie. I'm devastated that it's all over. Gotta go - Lipstick Jungle is coming back on.

No comments: